It’s already September and I felt like the culinary muse descended upon me last night for a cooking challenge. Ha! I’m not really the competitive type but in the name of mastering the art of cooking, I won’t take ‘NO’ as an answer. After all, my online baby will be about – FOOD and of course my very unflattering life.
Truth is, I lack the preparation for this challenge. Not so sure what to prepare that would satisfy her discriminating taste. For someone who is a penchant for purchasing canned goods, I went to the pantry and behold! A canned tuna looking straight at me. It’s no-brainer to make a simple SOUP out of the processed tuna.
The process really couldn’t be simpler and can be done in less than 20 minutes.
- 1 canned/180 grams Canned Tuna (I used Century Tuna)
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 small onion, (sliced)
- 1 clove garlic, (chopped)
- 1 Red Pepper, (grilled and cut into strips)
- 1 Medium Potato (diced)
- 2 Cups Water
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Grill the red pepper on a grilled pan or the actually griller if you have one.
- Sautee garlic, onions and the grilled red pepper in olive oil until soft.
- Add the canned tuna and stir for a minute.
- Combine in the potatoes and 2 cups of water.
- Bring to a boil for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Cover and cook for an additional minute.
- Serve hot.
And there you have it. The resulting soup will make someone feel better in his/her gloomy days. Trust me.
PS: Trying my food photography skills on top of the hallow blocks. A not so good spot to put your bowl of soup on? What do you think? Yey or ney? Hehe.